با عضویت در کانال پرشین دانشجو، به صورت روزانه مطالب مفید و ضروری مورد نیاز برای موفقیت در مسیر Apply و مهاجرت را مطالعه نمایید. به منظور عضویت در کانال تلگرام پرشین دانشجو روی لینک زیر کلیک نمائید.
نکات کاربردی و سوالات مهم در روز مصاحبه در سفارت آمریکا
با توجه به اینکه بخش مهمی از تکمیل فرایند Apply شما، به روز مصاحبه و دریافت ویزا مربوط می شود، گروه پرشین دانشجو به منظور حضور قوی دانشجویان گرامی در روز مصاحبه، نکات مهم و کاربردی در این زمینه را ارائه داده است. همچنین در ادامه این بخش، نمونه سوالات متدوال همراه با پاسخ های نمونه، به منظور آمادگی بیشتر ارائه شده است.
>>> نکات مهم در روز مصاحبه <<<
1- در مورد ایالت محل تحصیل، دانشگاه و رشته تحصیلی در آن دانشگاه مطالعه کافی داشته باشید.
2- نمونه سوالاتی که در این صفحه آمده است را به دقت مطالعه کرده و تا با آمادگی کامل برای به مصاحبه بروید. بهتر است این سوالات را با یکی از دوستان خود به صورت دو نفره تمرین کنید.
3- مدارک ... مدارک و مدارک مورد نیاز!! برای روز مصاحبه که در لینک http://persiandaneshjoo.ir/?m=wiki&id=17 ارائه شده است را حتما حتما به همراه داشته باشید.
4- مکان و زمان دقیق مصاحبه در کشور مورد نظر (امارات، ترکیه، ارمنستان یا ...) را به طور دقیق بررسی نمائید. حداقل یک ساعت قبل از زمان مصاحبه در سفارت حضور داشته باشید.
5- فقط و فقط مدارک و وسایل ضروری را به همراه داشته باشید. وسائل اضافی به همراه نداشته باشید تا بتوانید راحتتر از گیت مربوطه بازرسی عبور نمائید.
6- با توجه به زیاد بودن مدارک و زمان کوتاه مصاحبه، به منظور جلوگیری از سردرگمی هنگام درخواست مصاحبه کننده برای مدرک خاص، حتما مدارک خود را در پوشه های منظم و با دسته بندی منظم بگذارید.
7- در لحظه اول با مصاحبه کننده سلام و احوالپرسی (در حد Greeting و نه طولانی) داشته باشید، حتی اگر مصاحبه کننده به شما توجهی ندارد.
8- در تمامی مراحل مصاحبه موارد زیر را در نظر بگیرید و اعتماد به نفس خود را به مصاحبه کننده نشان دهید:
الف) دستان خود را در جیب خود نگذارید. هنگامی که ما دستان خود را دی جیب خود می گذاریم بدین معنا است که از چیزی عصبی و نامطمئن هستیم.
ب) از حرکات ناخواسته همانند ناخن خوردن، ست زدن دایم به بینی، ریش، موها و ... اجتناب کنید. این حرکات دائم و ناخواسته نشانه عصبی بودن و اضطراب فرد است.
ج) هنگام مصاحبه، به مصاحبه کننده نگاه کنید و پایین، اطراف، اتاق مصاحبه کننده و ... را نگاه نکنید و تمرکز خود را برای مصاحبه با آفیسر بگذارید. این امر نشانه اعتماد به نفس شما خواهد بود.
پ) هنگام مصاحبه به صورت صاف بایستید و شانه های خود را به سمت عقب نگه دارید. این امر نشانه اعتماد به نفس و آمادگی شما خواهد بود. به منظور تمرین این وضعیت می توانید از آینه استفاده نمائید. خم نشوید و به میز مصاحبه تکیه ندهید.
ت) هنگام حرکت به سمت باجه مصاحبه، با لبخند ملایم و گام های استوار و آرام قدم بردارید. این امر نشانه اعتماد به نفس شما می باشد.
ث) آراسته و تمیز بودن یکی از بخش های مهم می باشد. شما می خواهید مو، صورت و شادابی شما به نفع شما کار کند، نه به ضرر شما! بنابراین با لباس رسمی، منظم و آراسته، با اعتماد به نفس و لبخند به مصاحبه بروید.
ج) هنگام مصاحبه دستان خود رو به صورت ضربدری روی هم قرار ندهید. ما هنگامی اینکار را می کنیم که عصبی هستیم و گارد گرفته ایم.
چ) شما از هیچ چیز نگران نیستید. پس خنده آرام را در هیچ مرحله ای از مصاحبه فراموش نکنید.
9- اگر در هنگام مصاحبه جمله ای را متوجه نشدید، به هیچ عنوان خجالت نکشید و درخواست تکرار موضوع را از مصاحبه کننده مطرح نمائید.
10- سعی کنید تا حد ممکن مدارک اضافی ارائه ندهید و به جز موارد خاص، به صحبت های مصاحبه کننده دقت کنید تا مدارک مورد نیاز او را ارائه دهید.
11- سعی کنید پاسخ های کوتاه و جامع به سوالات مصاحبه کننده بدهید و اگر اطلاعات بیشتری خواست پاسخ طولانی تری ارائه دهید. برای سوالات تکراری پاسخ های جامع و کوتاه را داشته باشید.
12- کلمات را با صدای رسا و کامل ادا کنید تا مصاحبه کننده کاملا متوجه موارد مطروحه شود. تمرین مکالمه قبل از مصاحبه پیشنهاد می شود.
13- به هیچ عنوان پاسخ سوالات را به صورت تمسخر آمیز و کنایه آمیز ندهید.
14- صادقانه و با مدارک معتبر به سوالات مربوطه پاسخ دهید. به هیچ عنوان با لحن بلند پاسخ مصاحبه کننده را ندهید. حتی اگر مصاحبه کننده با شما با لحن بلندی صحبت کرد. مصاحبه کننده با تعدادی زیادی دانشجو در روز مصاحبه می کنند و ممکن است در برخی مواقع مواردی پیش آید. لطفا صبور باشید.
15- اگر مصاحبه از زمان عادی طولانی تر شد، به هیچ عنوان ناامید و خسته نشوید. در این حالت مثبت، باوقار، آرام و کمی خندان باشید.
16- ترجیحا جملات و عبارات تکراری به کار نبرید. شما پس از آزمون تافل و GRE به این مصاحبه رفته اید.
17- ممکن است یک سوال از چند زاویه از شما پرسیده شود. دقت کنید که پاسخ شما به دلیل استرس متفاوت نباشد.
مراقب زبان بدن خود باشید.
18- به هیچ عنوان احساسی که شما از روی ناامیدی به امریکا می روید نداشته باشید.
19- به هر دلیلی افیسر به شما برگه ریجکت را نشان داد، با آرامش و خونسردی محل مصاحبه را ترک نمائید. امیدوار باشید چون به هیچ عنوان مراحله آخر نیست. دانشجویانی بوده اند که پس از ریجکت از یک سفارت، پس از رفع نواقص و مشکلات پرونده خود از سفارت دیگر ویزا گرفته اند.
در ادامه نمونه سوالات و پاسخ های نمونه از مصاحبه، از مراجع مختلف جمع آوری و در اختیار دانشجویان گرامی قرار گرفته است. توجه نمائید که این سوالات فقط و فقط به صورت نمونه بوده و جهت آمادگی شما ارائه شده است. ممکن است سوالاتی دیگری نیز پرسیده شود. بنابراین با توجه به شرایط خود آمادگی داشته و سوالات را با در نظر گرفتن وضعیت خود پاسخ دهید.
در بسیاری از موارد زیر ممکن است سوالات در بخش های مختلف تکرار شده باشد. هدف از حذف نکردن سوالات تکراری، آشنایی با سوالات مکرر مصاحبه کنندگان و همچنین مشاهده زوایای مختلف سوالات می باشد.
F1 Visa Interview Questions - Part 1: Interest in US Education
Question 1: Why US? <<- very Important F1 Visa Interview Question.
To pursue Master in Computer Science.
Question 2: Why only US?
It is the center of excellence in the field of computer science. That?s why it?s most sought after International learning center. The US Universities have gr8 facilities for research. Moreover, an MS degree from a Univ in US has high recognition back here in .... (NAME OF YOUR COUNTRY), and would help me to establish myself in a good position after my MS.
Question 3 : How can u say it is the center of excellence?
The Global Giants are from US, to name a few.
In the field of Hardware ? IBM, INTEL, DELL, HP. In the field of Software ? MICROSOFT, ORACLE, SUN-MICROSYSTEMS, LINUX. In the field of network ? CISCO. In the field of OFC (Optical Fiber Cable) ? AT&T AMERICAN TELEPHONES & TELEGRAPH, BELL-LABS. In the field of Application Software ? MOTOROLA, GE.
Question 4: How can u say it is most sought after International learning center?
Some of the best students and faculty from across the globe converge to US for their enrichment. For example in my school the numbers of International students are from more than 35 countries.
US universities are Primarily Research Centers. Every professor has an identified field of Research.
Question 5: How can u say US universities are Primarily Research Centers?
As the curriculum is more practical in application oriented. I wish to be the best and be the best.
Question 6: Why MS? <<- very Important F1 Visa Interview Question
Firstly for in-depth knowledge, Secondly as a mark of Academic Excellence, Finally for a long term career prospects. Explain this in your own words.
Question 7: Why not in .... (NAME OF YOUR COUNTRY)?
I have an option to go for the best.
Question 8: Who said that US is the best?
As per U.S.E.F.I. United States Education Foundation in .... (Name of Your Country), US Education is 6 years ahead of the rest of the world.
Question 9: I am from US, u can see me only, but I don?t find sth like that in US?
Sir, u r in the best of the places, deciding the future of young .... (Name of Your Country)ns like me. Given a chance I wish to be your deputy.
Question 10: IIT is also the best option u have here, then?
Even the IITians are moving to US. Ultimately, it is the quality of education and right kind of Exposure.
Question 11: Exposure?
The curriculum is the most updated and keeps abreast with the latest across the globe. IIT and NIT?s are considered the best but admissions are influenced by several external factors such as Reservations, Performance in the option of other applicants on that particular day. My opportunities are reduced more to chances. That’s why I chose US schools which have a transparent and clear admission process.
Question 12: Why only US and not any other countries?
Above all US is undisputed in Computers.
F1 Visa Interview Questions - Part 2: About University
Question 13: Why this University? <<- very Important F1 Visa Interview Questions
This school is the best out of my admits.
(Explain about the speciality of the school and research being conducted in your department at this university.
Question 14: How can u say that this is the best among u r admit?
Carriage Foundation Ranking has ranked it X%. Also the Reputation of the School, the Profile of the Department, and the course curriculum are the key factors.
Question 15: What do u mean by the Reputation of the School?
This school is established in 1969 year. The total numbers of students in the campus are 4500 comprising of 2000 graduates. The faculty to full time equivalent student ratio is 12:1 and the university is located in the capital of Illinois, Springfield.
Question 16: What do u mean by Profile of the Department?
There are six professors who hold an ultimate degree.
Dr. ……?PhD. In University of ., Denton teaches CO, Introduction to OS, Network Administration, & Computer Architecture.
Dr. ……….. -- PhD. In University of ……… teach Java and Object Oriented design.
Prof. Dr. …….. and Prof. . ……. teach my field of interest and I wish to do my master?s under their guidance. They have careers par excellence.
Question 17: What do u mean by Course curriculum? Course-curriculum is everywhere.
The curriculum is updated and matches to the demand of the university.
Question 18: How many schools did u apply? List them.
List the numbers of schools u have applied, I have applied to 5 schools.
UIS, UTA, EMU, SDSU, FDU.
Question 19: Why did u choose this Univ?
This is the best out of my admits.
Question 20: But I think the third Univ is better than the one u applied, why don?t u go for it?
I appreciate Ur concern but Univ of Illinois, UIS is my first choice.
Question 21: U got 4 admits out of 5, u applied, how?
I picked up the schools which suit my profile.
Question 22: How did you come to know about these schools?
Few of my seniors, my frenz have guided me and net.
Question 23: Have u contacted any professor?
No. If yes u can show email proofs.
Question 24: Why?
I thought their time is too precious and it is too premature to disturb them. I will take the benefit of their skills when I land there.
Question 25: Is it worth spending this much of money on ur Master’s?
Looking on Future aspects and Income levels, it’s definitely worth.
My parents do appreciate the importance of Quality education.
F1 Visa Questions - Part 3: Financial Strength/Funding for Education
Question 26: Tell me about ur parents?
Tell about ur parents here about their professions.
Question 27: How they are going to fund you?
I have liquid cash sources of XX lakhs of which X lakhs are FD?s and X lakhs are NSC.
Basically I am from a rich family, money is never a constraint.
Question 28: How did ur parents accumulate this much money?
We have been into business from 45 years.
Our income levels are always greater than the expenses.
Question 29: Do u have any Brothers or Sisters?
Just give him the details if any.
Question 30: If u have a bro\sis, what about their Finance?
In two years from now, I will return back and guide him\her appropriately.
F1 Visa Questions - Part 4: Plans to return to Home Country
Question 31: What is the guarantee that u will return back?
The sole aim for me is to go to US, do my MS there, but not to work there.
Moreover I have many obligations towards my family and I must return as I need to take care of them.
As I have enough property, there is no need for me to work in US.
There is untapped market potential in .... (NAME OF YOUR COUNTRY).
Question 32: Where can I expect u in five years from now, Ur future plans?
Working for a multinational company like Satyam, Cognizant technologies, Polaris, Iflex, Visual Soft, InfoTech Enterprises.
As per NASCOM (National Association of Software services Companies), the future demand for IT Professionals is estimated 33 lakhs by 2015 and now it is 4 lakhs.
Question 33: When u return back, how much do u expect salary pay?
5-6 lakhs. Thanx to globalization the pay packets are good enough in .... (NAME OF YOUR COUNTRY) and this is the pay they are offering now.
Question 34: Give me 3 reasons for giving u a valid visa to u?
Basically, I have been a performer passing my engg. In first class.I have flair for higher education with an application angle.
Above all, very supportive school and parents
Question 35: What if I don?t give u a visa?
I am sure performers and genuine students are never let down at the consulate. Ur the ultimate judge.
Question 36: Ok, fine if I give u a visa?
F1 Visa Interview Questions - Part 5: GRE,TOEFL,GMAT,IELTS, Backlogs
Question 37: Why ur Gre score is low?
The verbal section is too tough. It had its impact.
Question 38: Why did not u write it again?
I thought I will make amends with my toefl and academic scores.
Question 39: How many backlogs? Why?
X number of backlogs.
(For less no of backlogs)I felt ill quite a sudden in the middle of my exams.
(For more no)Until my engg. I was a good student but during engg. I was unable to balance between my studies and sports so little damage was done but now I made strong amends that I will work hard and achieve what I want.
Note: If you can't convince visa officer for F1 Visa Questions based on backlogs, you will be rejected by 214b, considering you as you are ineligible student to study in USA.
F1 Visa Interview Questions - Part 6: Non-Immigrant Status
Question 40: Will u work while studying?
Yes, if it is related to my studies like graduate assistantship.
Question 41: Will you work if you get a full time job in USA?
No. I am not interested sir. I am interested in Education in USA not to work after that.
Question 42: Is your Brother in USA? (Students with siblings living in USA may be asked this question)
Question 43: What is he doing?
He is working on H1B Visa.
(Even though your sibling have Green card in US, i won't cause problem for your F1 Visa)
F1 Visa Questions - Part 7: Miscellaneous
Question 44: Why did u come for Delhi instead of Hyderabad? Students applying for Other Locations.
I did try for good number of days.But din’t get visa appointment in Hyderabad.
Question 45: Do you know anybody in this University?
yes, i do have some of my seniors.
Question 46: How did you choose this university?
Got some suggestions from my professors at my college, contacted seniors for information about US Universities. Surfed sites like MSinUS and USNews for US Education info.
Question 46: Will you Work on CPT in a good company?
If my course work requires and if is helpful to my course work.
Question 47: Will you Work in USA after MS? if you are offered job in Microsoft, USA.
No Sir. I can easily get a good in my home country after graduating from the reputed US University.
Question 48: Given a chance, Will you work off-campus like in Motel, Gas Stations?
No Sir. I am allowed to work in University 20 hrs a week. I am not allowed to work off campus jobs.
Questions 49: Where are you Exactly going in USA?
Mention your university location/city.
Question 50: Which Consultancy helped with F1 Visa Documentation?
Better to prepare documents by yourself than getting help from fraud consultancies.
Questions to 2nd or 3rd time F1 Visa Applicants
1) Why did you change the university
2) what are all the documentation changes you made from last time. - Make sure you change
3) Did you retake any tests?
4) Why is your F1 visa rejected last time?
F1 Visa Questions for 214b Cases
If you are rejected under 214b visa refusal in the F1 visa interview frequent questions you might see in the next attempt
1) Will you come back to .... (Name of Your Country) after MS?
2) What changes from last appointment?
3) How can i trust that you are not a potential migrant.
4) why did you get 214b last time?
F1 Visa Questions for your Plan and Low Score
Why Your GRE Scores are Low and why didn’t you try again for GRE?
Sir, with respect to low GRE Scores, the main reason was not managing the Time Properly, which had left me with a very small amount of time to tackle the remaining questions, as a result a fall in GRE Scores. The reason for not trying again is because I believed that with my Scores I would get into the University XYZ (The University that you got into). My Aim was to get into this University due to various factors and I got an admit from it. So that’s the reason I didn’t give my GRE Exam again.(“This is my version for getting a low GRE Score but as everyone as their own reason for low GRE, specify that.”)
2. Why are your Academics Percentage/GPA on the lower side?
Again this is a question, which Answer will vary from one to another Student. But this is my version of it. As you can see Sir, my percentage was low in the First year because I the subjects where very general and not specific to my Field and also I had to adapt to the Semester pattern, but as you can see after that my Percentage is always on the Rise. So I understood my mistakes and I was very well able to adapt to the semester patterns which resulted in good percentage in the latter stages.
3. What are your plans after Graduation?
“After Graduation, I will certainly enjoy and go out with my friends and will try to Work in a US company during my OPT to gain valuable experience in the corporate field before returning to my country..” OR You can also put it this way “After Graduation I plan to work for few years in a US company to get a Corporate Experience in the US and then plan to come back to .... (Name of Your Country).”
4. What is Special about the University that you have selected and have you contacted anyone in that University?
Sir the main reason for selecting the University XYZ is that, it has a good research facilities which can be really helpful to me if I decide to study further. Secondly the Professors are really good since I communicated with them and they gave me a complete detail regarding this course to me, which really made me feel to pursue my MS in this University. Finally the Curriculum is designed in such a way that I will be able to learn and gain a lot of Knowledge about my field.
5. What will you do if your student visa is Rejected?
Firstly I think, I gave my best in this Interview and I believe I should not be rejected, But if I am rejected then I will figure out the mistakes that I have made in the Interview and then re-apply, because I have set my goal to pursue my MS in this University. So I will look into the mistakes and re-apply as soon as possible Sir.
6. Why USA and not any other Country?
There are many reasons for selecting US. One of the reasons is The Universities in the US has a practical approach with respect to any field. So having a practical approach will help me in gaining more Knowledge regarding my field. Secondly the Universities in the US are ranked much better than any other Universities, and by Studying in the best Universities will certainly help me in gaining the Best Knowledge about my field.
7. Do you plan to pursue higher studies after MS?
At this moment Sir, my complete focus is on doing my Masters in my field. But if I am really interested in the research in the latter stages of my MS then certainly I will pursue my Further Studies, that is PhD Sir.
8. I think you will stay in USA and not come back to .... (Name of Your Country). I think I have to reject you.
Sir, as I said I am planning to Work for few years for gaining a Corporate Experience in my field at this moment. I have my parents back in .... (Name of Your Country), and I need to take care of them since they are both going to retire, So certainly I will be back to .... (Name of Your Country) and I would say that the assumption regarding me staying in US is wrong Sir.
9. So how are you planning to get funded for 2 to 3 years that you are going to stay in USA?
Sir as you have seen my Bank Statements and other records, I have the funding that is required for pursuing and completing my MS. Apart from that I will also get enrolled in Financial Aid that the University provides by which I can manage my Expenses that are required to live in the US Sir.
10. Why are you planning to go in Fall/Spring only?
As my Under Graduation will be completed in the month of May, I have decided not to waste anytime and go ahead with my Dream of pursuing MS in my field in this fall itself. That’s the reason I didn’t choose Spring Sir.
11. You are talking about research then why don’t you opt PhD rather than MS?
Sir, At this moment I have my fixed my Plans towards MS rather than PhD. The reason I was talking about research facilities is that if I intend to carry on with my Studies then I need not change my University plus Research facilities are really useful while you are doing your project work in your MS.
12. So you got admission to abc university. But xyz univ also has good course for same grad program as yours and it also has better ranking. Why didn’t you apply to xyz univ.?
Apart from University Rankings, I always will choose a University which has the best professors. I have been in contact with Professors of ….. University and I really was happy with their way of communication and how they explained about the course and other details regarding the University. Apart from this the Tuition fees of ABC University is within my reach which is also the reason I choose ABC over XYZ University. (This is a general Answer but the Answer will change depending on which two Universities are being compared).
1) Why are you going to US?
To study masters in chemical Engineering at Texas Tech University.
2) This subjects are taught in .... (Name of Your Country) why specifically US?
Universities in US, especially Texas Tech offer specialization in my area of interest and has strong
research faculty. Iam planning to major in operations research and simulation modeling techniques
which are not offered in my country. Moreover, I will gain international experience and will be a
valuable asset when I return to my country
3. Which universities accepted you?
Texas Tech University, North Carolina University, University of Idaho
4. Where did you complete your Bachelor’s degree?
I graduated from Jawaharlal Nehru University in 2010
5. What is your Percentage?
6. Tell me about the university you are going?
- My university ranks 4th in Operations research according to Forbes magazine in 2010 and
- Supports approximately 1.2 million in research in this field.
- Texas Tech professors hold publications at international level and some of their researches are implemented in UN army.
- Above, this TTU offers multicultural student community from more than 56 countries that I am really proud to be part off.
7. Mention some professor’s names?
Dr……., Dr…….., Dr.john …
8. When did you get your bachelor’s degree?
I graduated in 2010
9. Why did you select this university over other universities?
- Outstanding faculty reputation
- Active research in my field of specialization
- Tuition and living cost is less compared to other universities and
- Certainly a beautiful campus to study
10. How long will you study in USA?
Till May 2012 (duration of course in I-20)
11. Where did you hear about this university?
- I came to know about this university through my undergrad professor who did his PhD in this university
- I came to know about this university through my senior who graduated from this university.
- I came to know about this university through a college fair last year held in Chennai.
12. What is your academic background?
- I graduated with Mechanical Engineering and planning to specialize in Operation research
- I graduated with civil engineering and planning to specialize in environmental engineering
- I graduated in Physics and planning to specialize in atomic physics
13. Do you plan to study Ph D after MS?
Say “YES” if you are planning for a PhD or “NO” if you are not.
“NO” I don’t have any such plans at this time.
14. Why did you apply to these universities?
- All the universities I applied are public universities and are actively conducting research in my area.
- These universities ranks within top 50 in my field of study
- The courses offered from these universities are more in line with my future goals and
15. Who is sponsoring you?
16. What does your father do?
He is an architect with L&T
17. What is your father’s income?
He earns 12.3 lakhs per year
18. What is your university yearly expense?
My Tuition is $ 6320 and my Total expense is $11,415 per year.
19. Have you got any loans?
- YES Sir, Iam took loans from SBI
- NO Sir, I haven’t taken any loans. My dad is sponsoring my education
20. Show your Pass Book/ Bank Statement?
Show your passbook. Your passbook should have sufficient number of transactions and recommended bank statement amount is 1.28 * yearly expenses in I-20.
21. How will you finance your education?
My dad is sponsoring me for my 1year and Iam taking loan from SBI for my 2nd year
22. Your passbook shows that a large amount of money has recently been deposited?
How do you explain that?
- We recently sold one of our land/Property to finance my education. That’s what you see in passbook.
- My dad recently received a savings from PF and he plans to utilize for my education. That’s what you see in passbook
23. What is your father’s salary? / How long has he been working here?
He earns 12.3 lakhs per year. He has been with L & T for 14 years.
24. How many brother and sisters do you have?
I have 2 elder brothers and 1 younger sister
25. Do you have any relatives in USA?
- YES I have a distant cousin in Seattle working with Microsoft.
- NO Iam the first one to study in US in my family
26. What is your mother?
- She is a home maker
- She helps my dad in his business
- She is a nurse in Apollo Hospital
27. Where did your brothers/sisters complete their studies?
- My elder brother completed his B.Tech in Pune University and my elder brother is still in high School
- My elder brother completed his MS from University of Alabama now he is assisting my dad in his business here.
28. Where do your parents live?
They both live here in Chennai
29. Do you have a brother/ sister, or any other relative already at this university?
- “NO” none of my siblings study in this university
- “YES” my cousin does his PhD in chemistry in Texas Tech
30. Why are you leaving you current job? ( if you are working)
To do Master’s in Mechanical Engineering at Texas Tech University
31. Show your experience certificate?
Make sure you carry an experience certificate showing the number of years you worked, salary in employers letter head
32. Are you planning to work after graduation?
- “YES” Iam planning to work for 1year during my OPT before I return to my country.
- “NO” I will return back to my country after my graduation
33. How a US degree will help you to find a job here?
Getting an international degree from US will not only heighten my technical knowledge, but also will give an edge over others when I apply for Jobs here. I will have unique skills and experience including working in a multicultural environment and strong
34. What kind of good things do you know about America?
- Majority of scientists who receives noble price, which is the highest in the world are from US.
- Interstate highway system that’s been backbone to US economy
- Entrepreneurs who started Google & Facebook are from US
35. What do you expect after returning back?
- I expect to work for a multinational company at mid-level position for 5-7 years and I am planning to start my own software development firm.
- I am planning to help my dad in his textile business and I want his business to take it to next level after I return
36. Why do you plan to do MS?
- First, I will get the best international education in my field.
- Second, I will posses up-to-date recent technical skills to compete with others here
- Third, my overall personality will improve interacting with professors and students of international caliber.
37. Why are your GRE/ TOEFL scores low?
I believe most of it is due to course work load during my final semester. I have to do my final year project, 6 courses in addition to preparing for GRE/TOEFL. That was a good experience and Iam learning how to better manage multiple things.
38. You look like a potential immigrant or I don’t think you will come back?
Sir, all my family members are married and settled in Chennai. My dad owns a textile industry and Iam the only hope for him to run his business and that’s the reason he is sending me to gain the best education.
Sir, my sisters are married and settled in different cities in .... (Name of Your Country). Iam the only hope for my parents to take care of them after they retire in next 2 years. As a son, I want to carry my parent’s burden during their old age.
39. What do you know about US education?
- US education is more focused towards practical curriculum than the theoretical knowledge
- US education will provide a challenging environment during my course work to come up with new ideas in my research field
- Public university Student-Professor Ratio is 17:1 which is best compared to any other Count
40. Why are you applying for Fall only?
I completed my bachelors in May and I want to start my masters immediately in Fall. I just don’t want to wait till spring
The course Advanced VLSI Design is offered only in fall and that’s one of the course I intend to take to improve my technical skills
41. What will you do after completing MS? What are your plans after graduation?
My immediate goal is to find a mid-level career position in Chennai with a multinational IT company after competing MS
My goal is to give a smallest and most efficient electronic chip to humankind. Hence Iam planning to continue my career with a PhD
42. Did you get any scholarship?
- “YES” I received partial scholarship that will cover 50% of my tuition
- “NO” I didn’t receive any scholarships
43. Tell me how you can prove that you are going to come back?
Sir, all my family members are married and settled in Chennai. My dad owns a textile industry and Iam the only hope for him to run his business and that’s the reason he is sending me to gain the best education
Sir, my sisters are married and settled in different cities in .... (Name of Your Country) .Iam the only hope for my parents to take care of them after they retire in next 2 years. As a son, I want to carry my parent’s burden during their old age.
44. Have you ever been to US?
- “NO” Sir. This is my first visit
- “YES” Sir. I have been to US once for a trip.
45. What will you do after coming back?
My immediate goal is to find a mid-level career position in Chennai with a multinational IT company after competing MS
I am planning to assist my dad in his Textiles business for couple of years, before I can take responsibility in his organization.
46. Do you know anyone in your university?
- “YES” one of my senior is majoring in chemistry in this university and helping me to find accommodation
- “NO” I don’t know anyone in this university
47. What will you do if your visa is rejected?
- I will improve my profile and will apply again (if you are planning to apply again)
- Studying in US has been my dream from my childhood. I haven’t decided anything yet. (If you are not planning to apply again)
48. Will you come home during summer?
- “YES” Iam planning to visit my parents
- “NO” Iam planning to take courses
49. Why do you think the university is giving you a scholarship?
I believe it’s due to International level publication I had in my resume and also may be due to be strong academic records.
50. Why did you change your field from Electrical Engg to Computer science?
Most of the courses Iam planning to take are offered in computer science department such as embedded system design. I might take very few courses in Electrical Engg department as well
(1) What will you study in the United States? What do you want to study in USA?
I will study for my PhD degree in Public Policy and Management at the Heinz School at Carnegie Mellon University.
(2) Why do you go to Carnegie Mellon University? Why do you choose this University? Why do you go to this University?
Carnegie Mellon University is one of the best universities in the United States; The Heinz school ranks first in the area of Public Policy and Management I'll study for my PhD degree there.
(3) What is your purpose to USA? What will you do in USA? What are you going to do in the
United States? Are you going to study in USA?
Yes…;I will study for my PhD degree at the Heinz School of Public Policy and Management at Carnegie Mellon University.
(4) What is your major?
I'll study in the area of Public Policy and Management at Carnegie Mellon University;
(5) In what aspect of your major will you study?
Supply Chains Management.
(6) Can you say something about it? What is it? What is it for?
Supply-chain management is a generic term that encompasses the coordination of order generation, taking, and fulfillment and distribution of products, services, or information; It is critical, not only to the success, but also to the survival of any firm As a discipline, supply chains management draws on the fields of management science, statistics, operations research and economics.
(7) When and where did you get your Bachelor and Master degree?
I got my Bachelor degree at Peking University in; and I just got my master degree at Tsinghua University.
(8) What are you studying now? Where are you studying now? What are you doing now?
I was studying at Tsinghua University My major is Management Science and Engineering I did some research in Supply Chains Management I've just got my master degree.
(9) What did you do with your Master work?
I took fifteen courses, did some research on Supply Chains Management I just finished my master thesis and I have several academic publications.
(10) How long will you study in USA?
The Doctoral Program is designed to be completed in six years I hope I could get my PHD in five years**Why it needs six years? As you may know, Carnegie Mellon University is one of the best in the United States The Heinz School ranks first in the area of Public Policy and Management It has strict requirement to us students; I think that's why this doctoral program needs six years.
(11) Have you got any scholarship?
Yes I've been honored a full tuition scholarship and a stipend If I remain in good academic standing, the Heinz school will renew my award of full financial support.
(12) What if you do not have financial award for the sixth year?
The department told me, if I remain in good academic standing, the Heinz School will renew my award of full financial support I am a good student, and I don't think I'll encounter any problem in receiving such financial support And even if I haven't financial aid in the sixth year of my study, my person al saving at that time will be enough to cover all of my expense.
(13) What will you do with your work for this PhD?
I'll take courses for the first two years, and then conduct dissertation research in the area of
Supply Chains Management for the following years.
(14) What is your purpose for the visa?
I need F-one visa in order to study for my PhD degree at Carnegie Mellon University.
(15) What is your academic background?
I got my Bachelor degree at Peking University in I just got my Master degree at Tsinghua
University My earlier work was in Economics and my current work is in Management Science and Engineering My future research at Carnegie Mellon University will still be interdisciplinary.
(16) How do you know this University?
I got to know it from US NEWS Carnegie Mellon University has good reputation The Heinz School ranks first in the area of Public Policy and Management.
(17) What is your plan? What will you do after graduation?
What do you plan to do when you go back? I will come back and seek a teaching and research position in a leading business school in China.
(18) Give me three reasons that you will come back to China?
The first reason is I'll take care of my parents* They will one day become old I can not leave them alone The second reason is, I think it is much easier to find an academic position in
China than in the States* I believe I will have a bright future in China The third reason is I would like to contribute what I have learned to my country.
(19) If you cannot find such a position, what will you do?
If so, I will turn to my second choice I would like to find a research position in our government you know, there are some research centers in our government.
(20) What will your salary be then?
About 10 thousand RMB Yuan per month.
(21) How much can a professor earn?
As far as I know, many professors in Tsinghua University earn 10 thousand RMB per month
You know, the salary of professors is rising now.
(22) Why won't you stay in the States?
It's not my country.
(23) Can you explain why 90% Chinese students didn't come back? Really?
If really so, I think everyone has its own reasons; But as far as I know, these years, more and more students have chosen to come back after graduation As to me, I'll definitely come back I’ll l take care of my parents, and I think it's much easier to find an academic position in China than in the States.
(24) Can you promise that you will not be attracted?
Yes, and that's sure China is my motherland.
(25) Why do you like your major?
I love problem driven research. I like to spend a considerable amount of time working on problems in Supply Chains Management.
(26) Why do you choose US but not Canada or Germany?
Because the United States has the most advanced technology and science in the world. I would like to pursue a PhD degree in the United States but not in any other country.
(27) Why do you want to pursue a doctor's degree in the USA?
A Ph.D. degree will help me to achieve my career goal. **I would like to become a professor in a leading business school in China, and I am sure that a Ph.D. degree in the USA will help me to achieve my career goal.
(28) Why not a Ph.D. degree in China?
I've got my Bachelor degree at Peking University and Master degree at …. University.
So, it's quite reasonable for me to peruse my Ph.D. degree in the United States. You know, the United States has the most advanced technology and science in the world.
(29) Why do you receive financial aid from this University? Why can you get scholarship?
Why this university gave you the aid (funding)?
I am a good student. As you may see from my documents, I have a Bachelor degree in
Economics and Master degree in Management Science. I think such academic background should match the program very well.
(30) What's the difference between your current major and the major in USA?
Now I major in Management Science and Engineering at Tsinghua University, and I’ll continue to study in this area at Carnegie Mellon University. I don't think there are too many differences between the two majors.
(31) When and where did you take the GRE test? When did you take the TOEFL test? How much is your TOEFL score?
I took my GMAT test on **.The score is **.I took my TOEFL test on ***and the score is ***.
(32) Where will you live?
I'll live in the dormitory of Carnegie Mellon University. I've applied for the dormitory.
(33) Where do you live?
I am living in the dormitory at Tsinghua University.
(34) How many universities have you applied? Which?
I have applied for 5 universities They are Carnegie Mellon University, Harvard University,
Stanford University, Duke University and UCLA.
(35) Any other school admits you? So how many universities accept you?
Among the five universities I have applied for, three gave me offers. They are Carnegie Mellon University, Duke University and UCLA. But I chose Carnegie Mellon University in the end.
(36) What kind of good things do you know about America?
America has the most advanced technology and science in the world.
(37) What is your best/worst quality?
(38) What is your favorite American movie?
Forest Gamp Forest Gamp loves Jenny. I have never seen such a man who can love a girl so unconditionally.
(39) What do you do in your spare time? What's your funny? Why?
Swimming. I love swimming very much I believe it will keep me in good shape.
(40) Which is your favorite restaurant (cafe)? What food do you like to eat?
(41) Can you talk something about the course XX?
Would you please see my transcripts and some information on graduate program bulletin?
(42) What is your favorite pet (animal)? Why?
I have no pet now. But if I have time, I would like to have a dog. Dog is honest.
(43) What is the thing you like best in America?
The United States has the most advanced technology and science in the world.
(44) What is the thing you like best in China?
(45) What is the thing you don't like most in China?
Environment Pollution. Each nation has its best and worst I love my country.
(46) Who do you know there? Have you ever been in America before? Have you ever been to other countries? Have you ever gone abroad?
(47) When are you going to enter US?
(48) Any relative in the US?
My **** is studying for his PhD degree in the United States.
(49) Did you applied for the ** University?
No, I haven’t. *** University is not so good as Carnegie Mellon University in the area of Public Policy and Management.
(50) Have you applied for the F-two visa? Why didn't you apply for the F-two visa last year?
No, I haven’t. I did want to see my dear ***, but I wanted to finish my Master's program first, which I promised and I enjoyed.
(51) Will your husband (wife) change to Carnegie Mellon University?
No. I understand him/her. We do want to live together, but he/she will finish hi s/her doctoral program first, which he/she has promised and loves very much.
- * Why the specified University.
- * Which Universities did you apply to? (Both admits and rejects)?
- * Show me your GRE scorecard.
- * Where did you Undergraduate?
- * Who is sponsoring you?
- * What does your father do?
- * What is your father's Income?
- * How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- * Do you have any relatives in USA?
- * What will you do after completing MS?
- * Show your Experience Certificate. (If you are going to studies after some work experience)
- * Why Study in USA.
- * Did you get any Scholarships?
- * Why haven't you got any scholarship?
- * Have you got any Loans?
- * Show your Pass Books/Bank statements.
- * What is your Undergraduate GPA/Percentage?
- * Parents retired? Then how will they pay?
- * Tell about your university.
- * Mention some professor names
- * Tell me how can you prove that you are going to come back?
- * Where did your brother/parents complete their studies?
- * Why are you leaving your current job? (If you are working)
- * Have you ever been to US?
- * What will you do after coming back to Home?
- * You have so...brothers and sisters so your fathers saving are for all, Then how will he/ you finance?
- * Where do your parents live (If they live in USA)?
- * Do you know anyone (in USA) / in your University?
- * What will you do if your Visa is rejected?
- * Will you come back to home during summers?
- * What do you think? Why University is giving Scholarship to you...
- * Why do you wish to study in the US and not in .... (Name of Your Country)?
- * If you have changed field of specialization, (for ex. If you are BE Mechanical and opting for MS in computer science) then what brought about the change?
- * What steps have you taken to ensure that you will be able to perform well in the new field you wish to change to?
- * What do you plan to study at the university?
- * How many universities did you apply for?
- * Which universities accepted you?
- * Why did you select this particular university?
- * What are your plans after graduation?
- * How will you finance your education funds for 2 years or 3 years? (generally you have to prove that you can fund the first year of your education but we suggest that you be prepared with this answer)?
- * Do you have a brother / sister, or any other relative already at this university?
- * Tell me about yourself?
- * What are your hobbies?
- * What does success mean to you?
- * Where do you plan to be in 5 years from now?
- * Tell about your achievements?
- * What are your strengths?
- * What are your weaknesses?
- * How did you prepare for this interview?
- * What will you do if you your visa was rejected?
- * Describe your dream career?
- * What are you looking for, from life?
1) Why you choose the specified University?
2) Which Universities did you apply to (both admits and rejects)?
3) Where did you intermediate from? (For student intending to study Under Graduate level)
4) Where did you Undergraduates from? (For student intending to study Post Graduate level)
5) Who is sponsoring/financing you?
6) What do your parents do?
7) What is your family's annual income?
8) How many brothers and sisters do you have?
9) Do you have any relatives in .... (country you want to go)?
10) Why don't you do this course in your country?
11) What will you do after completing your study?
12) Why Study in .... (Country you want to go)?
13) Did you got Scholarships?
14) Have you got any Loans?
15) What is your Intermediate GPA/Percentage? (For student intending to study Under Graduate level)
16) What is your Undergraduate GPA/Percentage? (For student intending to study Post Graduate level)
17) If Parents retired? How will they pay?
18) Tell about your university.
19) Where is your university located?
20) What is the nearest airport?
21) Mention some professor names.
22) Tell me how can you prove that you are coming back?
23) Where did your brother/parents completed their studies?
24) Why are you leaving your current job? (For job holders)
25) Have you ever been to .... (country you want to go) ?
26) What will you do after coming back to Home?
27) You have so...brothers and sisters so your parents saving are for all how will they finance..?
28) Where do your parents live [If they live in .... (country you want to go)]?
29) Do you know anyone [in .... (country you want to go)] in your University?
30) Do you know anyone in .... (country you want to go)?
31) What will you do if your Visa is rejected?
32) Will you come back to home during summers?
33) What do you think; Why University is giving Scholarship to you?
34) If you scored less marks in past exams, you may be asked for the reason, why its less?
35) Why do you want to go abroad?
36) Why have you chosen this university?
37) Who will sponsor your education?
38) How will you pay for your stay in US?
39) Why you want to go to US?
40) Why don't you study this course at your own country?
41) Why have you chosen this course?
42) Who are there in your family?
43) Who earns in your family?
44) What do you know about course you've chosen?
45) What are your hobbies?
46) Do you intend to work in USA?
47) What do you know about your university?
48) What will you do after completion of your studies?
49) Does anybody from your family stay or study abroad?
50) How many years do you intend to stay in US?
College and University
1. Why this specified university <university or college name>?
2. How many universities did you apply?
3. Which universities did you apply to?
4. How many admission did you get?
5. Where did you get admission?
6. Where did you complete under-graduate/graduate degree?
7. What is your undergraduate Academic GPA/Percentage?
8. Tell about your university?
9. Mention name of the professor’s you had contact?
10. When and where did you get your bachelor’s degree?
11. Why this university and not other universities?
12. How long will you study in USA?
13. How do you know about this university?
14. What is your academic background?
15. Do you plan to study PhD after MS?
16. Why did you apply to these universities?
17. These subjects are also taught in other universities also but why this university?
Bank and Finance Related
1. Who is sponsoring your education?
2. What does your sponsor/father do?
3. What is your father’s income?
4. What is your sponsors monthly income?
5. What is your sponsors annual income?
6. What is your university yearly expense?
7. Have you got any loans?
8. Show your Pass Book/ Bank Statement?
9. How will you finance your education for 2years or 3 years?
10. Your bank pass book shows large transactions recently been deposited? How do you explain that?
11. What is your father’s salary? How long has he been working here?
Relatives and Family Members
1. How many brother and sisters do you have?
2. Do you have any relatives in USA?
3. What is your mother doing?
4. What is your brother doing in USA?
5. What is your sister doing in USA?
6. Your brother is working in USA, would you do the same?
7. Where did your brother/ parents complete their studies?
8. Where do your parents live?
9. You have sisters and brothers and how do you think your sponsor will pay for your education
10. Do you have a brother/ sister, or any other relative already at this university?
11. Do you have girl friend?
Work/Job Related F1 Visa Interview Questions
1. Why are you leaving you current job? (if you are working)
2. Show your work experience letter
3. What is your current salary?
4. How much do you have in savings?
5. Do you plan to work in USA?
General Student Visa Questions
1. Why did you choose US but not Canada or Germany?
2. What kind of good things do you know about America?
3. What do you expect after returning back?
4. Why do you plan to do MS?
5. Why are your GRE/ TOEFL scores low?
6. You look like a potential immigrant or I don’t think you will come back?
7. What do you know about US education?
8. Why are you applying for Fall only?
9. What will you do after completing MS?
10. Why study in USA?
11. Did you get any scholarship?
12. What are your plans after graduation?
13. Tell me how you can prove that you are going to come back? ( else Rejection under 214(b))
14. Have you ever been to America?
15. What will you do after coming back from USA?
16. Do you know anyone (in USA) in your university?
17. What will you do if your student visa is rejected?
18. Will you come home during summer?
19. Why do you think the university is giving you a scholarship?
20. Why do you wish to study in the USA and not in .... (Name of Your Country)?
21. Why did you change your field (Mechanical or Electrical to Computer Science)
1) Which university and degree?
Well-known and US Top 10 Engineering college UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) for M.S in Electrical Engineering field.
2) Why did you select thisuniversity? OR Why thespecified university? OR Whydo you plan to do MS?
Major reason is to advance my carrier further with MS degree from reputed UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY), which is having direct collaboration with Taiwan TSMC, giant IC manufacturing company.
This tie up between UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) and TSMC allow me to learn latest IC design knowledge at UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) and TSMC practical implementation of such future technology.
This includes latest 22nm and future coming 16nm & 11nm IC fabrication technique and related electrical engineering work. Hence, once I finished my MS, I will have direct internship option with TSMC which has 90% results to convert internship into permanent job.
3) How many universities didyou apply and list them ORwhich universities did youapply to and where did youget admission?
In USA, I applied to UC campuses LA, Berkeley, San Diago and Santa
Barbara and got admitted in UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY).
For safe side I applied to Calpoly and I am no longer waiting for its admission result.
In Taiwan, I applied to NCTU/NTHU and I admitted in both.
4) Did you get any scholarship?
No. From my close friend who graduated this year from UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY), I was quite aware about scholarship current situation for MS international student in UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY).
GSR scholarship mostly awarded to PHD candidate and for MS student TA is offered at 2nd year based on ESL Exam result at UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY).
Hardly professor hired MS candidate for project work.
Though, I had no serious intention for TA since I wanted to focus more on learning new things, knowing I have enough fund by myself.
In fact, I got 100% tuition wavier with 10,000NT$ scholarship from Taiwan NCTU and NTHU but I still select UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) since there is no compromisation for study.
5) Why USA? OR Why did you choose US but not Canada orGermany? OR Why do youwish to study in the USA andnot in .... (Name of Your Country)?
Simply, USA education quality and flexible system is not comparable with any other part of world. Though I got admitted in Taiwan NCTU/NTHU, I would still prefer UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) considering global brand & competency. At the end of day, UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) fall in world’s top 10 Engineering institute.
6) These subjects are alsotaught in other universities butwhy this university?
Major reason is collaboration between Taiwan giant IC manufacturing TSMC and UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY). Though Taiwan student also get chance to join TSMC but brand of UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) will give global competency considering future.
I also admitted in Taiwan NCTU/NTHU but if we talk about globally, we have chance to do master once in life time then why should I not go for best especially I have already enough fund for my education.
Also UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) is publicly funded university with reasonable fees.
7) How do you know about thisuniversity?
I am having professional experience in IC designed and closely follow Taiwan TSMC. Through wide professional contact, I met xxx, who did MS in electrical from UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) and did her internship from TSMC. Since we share common interest in same IC design technology, she introduces and recommended to prefer UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) and get touch with my adviser Jason C.
….. at UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY). Then result is here that I am interviewing now.
8) What is your fees in I-20 forfirst the year?
Tuition fees come to US$30000. Total amount on i20 is US$56500.
9) Who is going to sponsoryour education and how?
I had enough savings from my 10 years professional work carrier. From my last two years savings itself, I am able to cover my Tuition fees.
In current global economic turmoil, I see spending on MS for latest IC design technology as an investment for future.
10) What will you do aftergraduation? OR What do youexpect after returning back?
Immediate short term goal is to join Taiwan TSMC since TSMC has direct collaboration with UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) for internship which has 90% results of converting internship into permanent job. Since TSMC is pioneer to use latest 22nm (now) & 16nm (future) IC manufacturing technique, I will like to take another 3-4 years’ experience or more at TSMC depending on how it goes.
11) Why are you leaving youcurrent job?
There is nothing wrong with my current job since I am financially and technically satisfied with it.
But if I have to work on 22nm or future 16nm IC design Technology then it will take years for my current company.
It is matter of further challenge in life to achieve further goal. Without challenge in life, it will not produce enjoyment at least for me.
I worked almost 5 years and 6 months for my current company in wireless embedded domain and I also gain IrDA organization co-chair post in this young age.
But thirst for new learning never fulfill.
12) Tell me how you can provethat you are going to comeback? OR You look like apotential immigrant or I don’tthink you will come back?
My whole intention to study in UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) is to gain latest IC design technology knowledge which will give me chance to work on those technologies in TSMC.
Further education of UNIVERSITY OF .... (NAME OF YOUR UNIVERSITY) and experience of TSMC will put in front raw to secure my position in anywhere in .... (Name of Your Country).
From the current job market situation, one can easily foresee that next decade will be of China and .... (Name of Your Country) and I have close tie up with both the nations since .... (Name of Your Country) is my home country and china/Taiwan, I worked for 6+ years.
US education system is worldwide recognized and really depth with flexibility, so why can’t I also not get benefit from it.
In conclusion, I did not see any reason to continue further in US after my MS. At least, now trend is get reversed that most of brain returned back to .... (Name of Your Country) and china.
13) Your bank pass book showslarge transactions recentlybeen deposited? How do youexplain that?
That amount was transferred from Taiwan by me during last 4 years. I have each & every amount transfer record.
After investing in bank FD and life insurance, I had left much more amount in bank, so I thought to invest in my close relative business on %basis. Since now I needed them so I ask them to return back. However,
I have enough funds in my Taiwan bank to support my first year education.
14) How much do you have insavings?
My current salary package is xx0N$ x14 months fixed + variable pay of quarterly bonus and profit sharing. On average, I did get one month salary as profit sharing and half month salary in quarterly bonus. I earned around 6 million NT$ in my last 5.5 years job from Taiwan and I was able to save around 3.5 million NT$.
15) How many brother andsisters do you have? Do youhave any relatives in USA?
I have two brothers. Younger brother working in .... (Name of Your Country) MNC Company and elder brother is in USA.
He is handling cash counter at some utility shop. His wife has US citizenship and he has Legal US permanent residence.
16) Tell me more about yourbrother?
My brother did under-graduation and after that he joined my father’s business. He was average in study and more interested in doing business.
He got married with my father’s close friend’s daughter who has US citizenship.
17) What does your father do?Where do your parents live?
My father and his brother started family business of ready-made clothes and he is running this business since more than 30 years. My father actively runs this business till date today in .... (Name of Your Country).
My mother is house-wife.
18) What is your father’sincome?
It is business and income varies from xyz to xyz Lac INR/annum depending on profit.
19) What will you do if yourstudent visa is rejected?
First of all, I am more than sure to get visa knowing my interest to study in US is genuine. Furthermore, I admitted in TOP 10 US engineering college and have more than enough funds to support my education.
In case, I am unlucky to secure visa, I may need to think on whether to applied next year again or join already admitted Taiwan NCTU in same Electrical engineering.
WHY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Q.1) Why do you wish to study in USA and not in ......?
Q.2) What if you get a US degree here, would you like to go to US again for higher Studies?
Q.3) Why did you select US for higher studies? Isn’t this course offered by any university or college in ......?
Q.4) What is the purpose of your trip?
Q.5) Have you ever been to US?
Q.6) Which US university are you planning to go to?
Q.7) Can you tell me some details about your university?
Q.8) Why have you chosen this specific university?
Q.9) Can you tell me the location of the university/college?
Q.10) Why did you choose this institute and how did you find about it?
Q.11) How many US universities did you apply for? (Both admits and rejects)
Q.12) Can you mention the names of some professors?
Q.13) Did you receive any scholarships?
ABOUT YOUR COURSE
Q.14) What course are you going for?
Q.15) Why did you select this course? Is it relevant to your previous studies?
Q.16) Why are you taking this course?
Q.17) What is the course structure & contents?
Q.18) Why don’t you do this course in your country?
Q.19) How long will your studies last?
Q.20) What is the scope of your course?
Q.21) What do you plan to study at the university?
Q.22) What benefit will bring this course to you?
Q.23) What is the course commencement date?
Q.24) What will be the total cost of per year?
Q.25) Where will you stay in US?|
YOUR ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
Q.26) Where did you do your last course of study?
Q.27) What is your specialization?
Q.28) What is your High School, Degree or Master’s percentage or grade?
Q.29) What are your subjects in last course of study (High School, Degree or Master’s)?
CURRENT JOB/BUSINESS (if applicable)
Q.30) Show your Experience Certificate. (if applicable)
Q.31) (If you are currently working) Why are you leaving your current job?
TOEFL/IELTS, GRE, GMAT, SAT%
Q.32) Could you please show me your TOEFL/IELTS scorecard?
Q.33) Why are your TOEFL/IELTS score low
ABOUT YOUR FAMILY
Q.34) What does your father do?
Q.35) How many brothers and sisters do you have?
Q.36) What is your father’s annual income?
Q.37) Where your brother/parents did completed their studies.
Q.38) Do you have a brother / sister, or any other relative already at this university?
Q.39) Where did your brother/parents complete their studies?
SPONSOR AND FINANCIAL DETAILS
Q.40) Have you got any Loans?Q.41) What are the sources of income of your sponsor?
Q.42) What proof do you have that your sponsor can support your studies?-
Q.43) Who is paying for your education and what is his/her income?
Q.44) Who is sponsoring you?
Q.45) Could you please show me the passbook or bank statements?
Q.46) How many people are dependents of your sponsor?Q.47) Why is he sponsoring you? (if not father)
Q.48) How much money is available for your stay in US?
Q.49) How are you related to your sponsor (if not father)?
Q.50) How will you finance your education funds for 4 years? (Generally you have to prove that you can fund the first year of your education but we suggest that you be prepared with this answer).|
FUTURE PLANS (CAREER PROSPECTS)
Q.51) What are you plans after completing your studies?Q.52) Have you researched your career prospects?
Q.53) What will you do after completing BA/B.SC/BS/PGD/MA/MBA/MS/M.Sc?
Q.54) What will you do after coming back to Home?
Q.55) How much money can you earn after your completion of studies?
Q.56) What are you future plans after completion of your studies?
Q.57) Do you intend to work in US during or after completion of your studies?
Q.58) How can you prove that you will come back after finishing your studies?
RELATIVES IN US
Q.59) Do you have any relatives in the US?
Q.60) Do you know anyone (in USA) in your University?
VISA OR REFUSAL
Q.61) If the VISA officer asks why should I grant you US VISA what should I answer?
Q.62) What will you do if your US Visa is rejected?
Q.63) Have you ever visited any other country?
Q.64) Will you come back to home during summers?
Q.65) What will you do during the off period/semester?
(Q1). Why Biomedical Engineering?
A. Biomedical engineering integrates physical, chemical, mathematical, and computational sciences and engineering principles to study biology, medicine, behavior, and health. It advances fundamental concepts; creates knowledge from the molecular to the organ systems level; and develops innovative biologics, materials, processes, implants, devices and informatics approaches for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease, for patient rehabilitation, and for improving health. Biomedical Engineering is that interdisciplinary field of study combining engineering with life sciences. The role of the biomedical engineer is to provide answers to problems arising from the study of living systems by employing the methodology and principles of engineering. Biomedical engineers may be called upon in a wide range of capacities: to design instruments, devices, and software; to model the mechanics of the body; to research materials acceptable to the body; or to conduct research needed to solve clinical problems. In this field there is continual change and creation of new areas due to rapid advancement in technology; however, some of the well established specialty areas within the field of biomedical engineering are: biomaterials; biomechanics; cellular, tissue and genetic engineering; medical imaging; and modeling systems physiology.
(Q2). U r getting same education at low cost then why USC?
A. USC is having better Laboratory and research facilities.
(Q3). What is the purpose of your trip?
A. To pursue Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering from University of Southern California.
(Q4). Why USA?
A. Well sir, USA has most advanced learning system of the world. More emphasis is given on practical work. It is having flexible education system with multiple options. Universities are having very good Laboratory, Library & Research facilities.Maximum amount is spent on research u know USC is spending $ 430 million on research out of which USC viterbi school of engineering is spending $ 135 million. Students from over 100 countries go to usa for advance studies. Hence students get international exposure.
(Q5). How many University did you apply?
A. I Applied in 3 Universities (University of Southern California, University of Texas at Arlington ,Polytechnic )
(Q6). How many Admits?
A. Well sir I have been admitted to Two universities and one is still under review.
(Q7). Why this University?
A. Well sir First thing that attracted me was the student faculty ratio that is 10:1
It is more than 125 years old. This year the USC Viterbi School of Engineering was ranked #7 by US News and World Report (#3 among private schools).
It is having very good library and laboratory facilities.
Professor’s like john ….. is doing research on Bio….., microfluidics, lab-on-a-chip, microsystem integration and packaging, world-to-chip interfacing, cell-to-chip interfacing, implantable biomedical microdevices. And Dr. ……. is working on implementation of nano technology in biomedical engineering.
It spents $430 million per year on research projects.
There are more than 180,000 living alumni in the Trojan Family.
(Q8). Which kind of research facilities?
A. The Viterbi School is having two National Science Foundation Engineering Research Centers (the Integrated Media Systems Center and the Biomimetic Engineering Center), as well as the first University Center of Excellence selected by the Department of Homeland Security (CREATE -- the Center for Risk and Economic Analysis of Terrorism Events). USC is also having world-famous Information Sciences Institute and the Alfred Mann Institute for biotechnology.
Biomedical engineering department of USC is having many research centers like
1. NSF Engineering Research Center for Biomimetic Microelectronic Systems (BMES)
2. Biomedical Simulations Resource (BMSR)
3. Center for Neural Engineering (CNE)
4. Alfred E. Mann Institute for Biomedical Engineering (AMI-USC)
More than 16,000 Graduate and professionals study in this university
Q.Why you have changed your field?
A. Well sir there is a very thin margin between chemical and biomedical enginnering and I am more inclined towards biomedical engineering. Sir I will be implementing chemical engineering knowledge in this field. That is nanotechnology in which carbon is subjected to high pressure and temperature and using CVD(chemical vapor deposition) technology nanostructures are made. This technology is very useful in making nano sensors and nano robots and nano chips that are implanted in human body for detection and elimination of diseases.
(Q9). What’s your major?
A. I have completed my B.E. in Chemical Engineering
(Q10).Who is Sponsoring your study
A. Well sir I will be sponsored by my family.
(Q11). What’s your Father?
A. My father is one of the …..
(Q12). What’s your Father’s Income?
A. Well sir my family income is about 6 lacs and out of which my father contributes 1 lac
(Q13). Can I see your Financials
A. Ya sure sir (hand over Bank Statement and I.T. return) for your convenience I have prepared a 3 page summary of the assets hold by my family would you like to have a look at it?
(Q14). How did your father manage the bank account and how did he gather the money?
A. Well its our own saving and my father has liquidated some of his deposits
(Q15). Why this bank account?
A. For account convenience Easy Operation of account Co-operative banks don’t have foreign exchange facility.
(Q16). What are you doing right now?
A. Well sir I am working as Assistant chemical engineer at envision enviro engineers pvt ltd in Surat.
(Q17). What are your future plans?
A. Well sir, After completing my master’s with good grades. I will return back to .... (Name of Your Country) and would implement my knowledge gained from USA for the betterment of people out here in .... (Name of Your Country). U know sir most the hospitals in .... (Name of Your Country) are not having good medical equipments and during my study in USC I will be learning to design and operate medical equipments that knowledge I will implement over here in .... (Name of Your Country).
(Q18). What is VISA
A. Visitor Intended Stay Abroad.
(Q19). If an Interviewing officer refuses to believe your bank statement
A. Sir, you can see I.T returns and other movable assets which is consistent with the balance in the Statement & still if you have any doubt you can verify with my bankers.(Take visiting card if possible)
(Q20). If VISA is not granted?
A. Sir, its your privilege. But I will be happy if you consider my records & my family’s financial background.
(Q21). If he finally refuses to grant visa then
A. I will be obliged if you mention my minus points so that I can correct myself.
(Q22). Any relatives in USA?
A. No Sir.
(Q23). Patel and no relatives I don’t believe you
A. Sir, it’s a fact many of my community are there but no one is known to me.
(Q24). Why u had a gap of 2 years?
A. Well sir I was updating my self with the latest technology.
F2 Visa Interview Questions
1) What is your name?
2) Why are you going to USA?
3) When did you got married?
4) Why didn't you go with your spouse when he/she left to USA after your wedding?
5) Can I see your wedding album/pictures?
6) Can I see your wedding invitation card?
7) Your spouse is graduating in few months, why do you want to go to usa? (If graduating)
8) Your spouse's OPT is expiring soon, cant you wait for few more months? (If OPT expiring)
9) Was it a love marriage or arrange marriage?
10) Can I see your marriage certificate?
11) What is your educational qualification?
12) Why are you leaving your current job? (If you are working)
13) Are you going to study in the US?
14) What will you do in your spare time in the US?
15) What is your spouse's qualification?
16) In which company your spouse is working?
17) What is your spouse's salary?
18) Can I see his/her pay stubs?
19) How would you fund your stay in the US?
20) Have you made any travel arrangements?
21) Can I see your spouse's financial documents?
22) Can I see your spouse's Visa/Passport?
23) What is your name?
24) What Visa are you applying for?
25) What is the name of your spouse?
26) What does your spouse do in USA?
27) Can I see your spouse’s passport/visa/I-20?
28) When are you planning to go to USA? Have you made any specific travel arrangements?
Marriage related questions
29) When did you get married?
30) Was it arranging marriage? How did you both meet? Did you know your spouse before marriage?
31) Do you have your marriage album/photos?
32) Can I see your marriage certificate?
33) Have you brought the invitation cards with you?
34) Why did you not go with your spouse (in case your husband leaves before you)?
Your spouse’s study/work/finance related questions
35) What’s your spouse majoring in? What’s his/her research area? What’s the topic of his/her research?
36) When is your spouse planning to finish his studies? At which stage is he now?
37) What would your spouse do after finishing his studies?
38) Where did your spouse work, in India or in USA?
39) Why did your spouse leave his/her job?
40) (if you say, your spouse wants to come back to India) Why doesnt your spouse want to work in USA? Would he/she not work there? He/she can continue his research / work there; why does she/he want to come back to India?
41) What did your spouse study in India? Where (which school/univ) did your spouse do his undergraduation/graduation in India?
42) How would you fund yourself there? Who would bear your expenses there? Is your husband going to bear your expenses there?
43) Do you have financial documents? Have you brought your spouse’s bank statements or any other supporting documents?
Your study and work related questions
44) What are you studying? Have you finished your studies? Are you done now?
45) Do you plan on studying in USA? if you answers “NO” then the visa office may ask: Why not?
46) Do you want to work there? (you can not work on F2 visa)
47) Did you work in India?
48) Why not? You have good education and can get good job; why do you not want to work?
49) How would you spend your time there?
Your parents/in-laws/siblings/relatives related questions
50) What do your parents-in-law do in India?
51) if your parents-in-law are in business, what kind of business?
52) If your father-in-law is in business, the visa office may ask that who would take care of the business as your husband (if only one son) is in USA?
53) Does your spouse have any siblings in USA? what do they do? Where do they live/ work in USA?
54) Do they have Green Card? What kind of Visa do they have? if married, what do their spouses do?
55) Do they want to come to India?
56) Do you have any of your relative in US?
57) Do you have any brothers/sisters? What do they do? Are they planning to go to US?
58) What do your parents do?
شما میتوانید از طریق فرم پرشین دانشجو، برای انجام پرداخت ارزی خود ثبت سفارش نمائید. پرشیندانشجو با استفاده از فایل راهنمای ضمیمه ثبت سفارش، پرداخت مورد نظر را انجام داده و سپس رسید پرداخت را از طریق ایمیل برای شما ارسال میکند.
شما میتوانید با استفاده از سامانه پرداخت اتوماتیک Upay، ابتدا نسبت به شارژ حساب خود به میزان مورد نظر اقدام نموده و سپس پرداخت ارزی خود را در کمتر از 10 دقیقه به صورت اتوماتیک و بدون واسطه انجام دهید.
شما میتوانید با خرید یک کارت ارزی بینالمللی و وارد نمودن اطلاعات مربوط به کارت (شامل 16 رقم روی کارت، تاریخ انقضا ، کد CVV، آدرس و...) در صفحه مربوطه، شخصا نسبت به انجام پرداخت خود در سایت مورد نظر اقدام نمایید.
سوال دارید؟ از طریق پرتال پشتیبانی در سمت چپ صفحه مطرح کنید.